[OSM-talk] Tagwatch for europe

Etric Celine etricceline at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:30:04 BST 2008

Hi Everyone

I used Frederik's Europe excerpt to generate statistics with the Tagwatch
Script.

see:
http://etricceline.de/osm/Europe/En/index.htm

The site is available in English and the other languages are uploading right
now.

Some of the changes I've made on the script:

* better output result for all tag statistics
* statistics are available for every Key that is mentioned on the Key:<name>
or Map Feature pages
* The script now generate statistics for the used Relations
* Some general statistics are available about the used tags and their
documentation status in the Wiki

In the "near" future some other things will follow:
* support for Tag pages that are just redirects (see oneway=yes as example) to
get the documentation of this tags as well
* some more general statistics that compare several single osm files with each
other (make it possible to see which Europe country has more "possible
tagging errors")

I will update the script in the svn as soon as i have finished all the things
i like to change.

Hopefully in the future the Tagwatch script can be a great help to
find "possible tagging errors" or allows a small overview about
what "undocumented tags are widely used and thus help to solve the chaos on
the "proposal pages".

Some nice things from the Europe excerpt:
* 3.584 different keys are in use
* they are used in combination with  18.881 different tags
* 124 different relations can be found in Europe
* and we found 16 different ways to write the multipolygon relation wrong
* we used 3.838.091 the highway tag
* 114.314 buildings are listed in Europe
* 113.577 bridges and 21.440 tunnel
* Furthermore we have 427 "differend kinds" of sports

Cheers
Jörg