[OSM-talk] Wiki server issues?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Jul 2 15:39:19 BST 2008

> I've been having intermittent problems accessing the wiki for the last few days. Have tried from different internet connections. Is the server up the creek?

Yes, the server has been having problems.

Resizing of animated or very large images causes the system to swap/page
heavily, slowing the server down to a crawl. We've tried out best to
squeeze as much juice out of the current server as we can. We add a
single reverse-proxy in-front of the wiki to relieve much of the load,
but have now outgrown this solution.

I'd be interested to hear from people (off-list please) who can offer
secure, high bandwidth, long-term rack space or a dedicated server.

The wiki runs separate from the rest of the OSM servers.

/ Grant