[OSM-talk] who moved Mumbai?

Nathan Vander Wilt nate-lists at calftrail.com
Sat Jul 5 17:39:52 BST 2008

On Jul 5, 2008, at 1:01 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 05-Jul-08, at 3:24 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote
>>
>>> everything is AND and everything is consistently out of place to
>>> the  southeast with the same offset - is there any way to
>>> programmatically  change this?
>>
>> I have a script that I could use for this task if people want.
>> Obviously I'd need to know exactly what to move and by what amount...
>
> cool - will measure the offset and revert

Are you sure this isn't a coordinate system datum issue? If the AND
data uses a different datum than WGS-84, it may be more than just a
simple offset for all vertices that you need. There are several open
source programs available for converting from one datum to another.
What datum is the original AND data in?

thanks,
-natevw