[OSM-talk] UK post box data

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:58:07 BST 2008

2008/7/5 Mike Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz>:

> Interesting.  I note that in both the PDF document and the cover letter that the Royal Mail have made no attempt to assert any copyright or ownership but doubt whether that is enough.

They do, though, right at the beginning:

(c) Royal Mail Group Limited, 2008
All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced,
stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted, in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
photocopying, recording
or otherwise, without the prior permission, in writing, of Royal Mail
Group Limited.

So the issue now is whether the provision of this list in response to
a FOI request represents the granting of more extensive rights to use
the data.

Dermot