[OSM-talk] Pubs on mapnik layer - can we remove them?

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Fri Jul 11 13:18:40 BST 2008

While it might not help Tom's immediate needs, a Next Big Thing for the slippy map would be the introduction of selective rendering on the Export tag for either of the main layers.  Particularly POIs.  For example the ability to do a SOTM location map with, say, ATMs, eating places and supermarkets explicitly requested at whatever zoom.

Perhaps a "No Pubs" option might make an experimental starting point?

Mike
Limerick - currently enjoying some very fine "Dubliner" cheese.

PS I've just had occasion to use the Export tab extensively for getting to SOTM maps and for talks.  Really Useful.  My thanks to the author, sorry I missed your name.