[OSM-talk] First village mapped in Northern Cyprus

David Janda dj at dotcomdave.com
Sat Jul 12 14:08:49 BST 2008

Hello Mikel and SOTM

Thanks!

Alas, re the dispute nothing has changed. The on the ground rule is not
being observed bu user_7363, and for some damned strange reason he keeps on
"touching" POI's via Potlatch, which moves them.

Despite me having a semi-automated solution which deals with the names
issue, it;s taking up a lot of time, and I hate saying this, but something
must be done as this situation is getting out of hand.

I have, for the time being, removed ALL village names as I am updating each
record with historic names etc. But it's only a metter of time before
someone on the south does what I have done. In which case things will get
worse as the battle will be one of servers, not individuals and the OSM
servers will be in the middle!

Other than that, things are great. I have a crew of about 6 people
collecting data and the map has got quite a bit of interest over here.
Military are a bit touchy, and I have a bunch of people who just want to
sling up their villa or hotel and not do anything else, but I am dealing
with that .....

David Janda
djanda