[OSM-talk] State of the Map 2008: Mission Accomplished

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Tue Jul 15 04:19:37 BST 2008

A very big thanks to all who attended and made it a wonderful event.

Thanks to the volunteer organisers who did all the dredge work and sat
around behind cameras all day, ordered t-shirts and all the rest:
AndyR, Gareth, Christian, NickB, Etienne, Mike Collinson and, er, me.

I think despite it being volunteer run, and only our second conference
it was overall more professional than many professional conferences.
The quality of talks and conversation was just brilliant.

Thanks to our sponsors also for without them, no BBQ or low, low price
of entry: CloudMade, ITO!, AND, geocommons, multimap, nestoria and
mapufacture.

Please post your feedback

	http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/State_Of_The_Map_2008/Feedback

and reports

	http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/SOTM_08_Reports

and personally, I'd like to see more photos on flickr or wherever.

Best

Steve