[OSM-talk] suggestion for SOTM09

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 15 09:13:21 BST 2008

Hi,

> Gran Canaria. The GNOME and KDE free desktop conferences are jointly
> being held there Friday, July, 3rd until Saturday, July 11th 2009.

> So I think it would be great if SOTM could be there, say, Sat 11th-Sun 12th.

Nothing against Gran Canaria at all but I don't see a lot of value in
doing SOTM directly before or after an event that has nothing to do with
mapping or maps?

If you're desperate to tag SOTM onto some other international conference
than the obvious choice would be FOSS4G (Sydney 2009) but even there I
don't see added value for us.

Bye
Frederik