[OSM-talk] suggestion for SOTM09

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Tue Jul 15 15:29:23 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Nick Whitelegg
<Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Yes, and somewhere with good walking / nice scenery (=mapping party?)
> would be good. Black Forest or Alps maybe? Or southern France or a
> mountainous area of Spain or Italy?

I was going to submit Trento to held next year SOTM:
http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=46.05542148634464&lon=11.116725821074876&zoom=12&layers=B000F000F

We already had some big conferences on the subject of FOSS (like
CONFsl2008 http://www.confsl.org/ ), a strong user base, and being an
autonomous province they might help us financially as well, there is
plentry of conference centers to choose from...

...in addition, july on the italian alps is not that bad as a choice :)

train links are good from austria, germany, italy (bologna, verona, milano)