[OSM-talk] suggestion for SOTM09

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:34:12 BST 2008

I'd just like to point out before someone mentions more exotic places like
the moon or mars that its not the place that really dictates where you host
the event, it's the people that will put in the hours and hours to make it
happen.

Getting the right team together with a strong local presence plus the
necessary assistance from OSMF is what has been required for the last two
years and I don't see any change it that requirement going forwards, in fact
I'd argue that we need an even stronger local presence next time around to
really make a difference in the locality, presently we are very inward
facing with the conference and a wider reach would help with the aims of the
Foundation.

So, if you want to propose a "team" to host SOTM09 then I'm all ears.

Cheers,

Andy