[OSM-talk] suggestion for SOTM09

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 05:48:28 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> There were a number of people absent at this year's SOTM who are
> quite active and/or important to the project - JonB wasn't there,
> Blackadder wasn't there, Artem wasn't there, Jordan Hatcher cancelled,
> Martijn van O wasn't there, neither was Franciso Santos, there was
> nobody from the Merkaartor team and none of the many folks who are
> very busy in Eastern Europe. (E.&O.E.)

Being an international project - and hopefully one that is ecologically
friendly - it is to be expected that there WILL be more than one SOTM each
year, organised on a more local basis.

Firebird has an international conference, but local events in - for example -
Brazil and Japan are bigger than the 'international' event.

While is *IS* nice to put faces to the people we work with on line, what is
much more important is a good cooperative network on line - something that I
think is evolving nicely with OSM :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL