[OSM-talk] NPE waterways

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Wed Jul 23 12:55:05 BST 2008

>From my local knowledge of some parts of Wales, I'd agree strongly that NPE names are _frequently_ incorrect compared with modern labelling of towns/villages and other features, and are hence Not To Be Trusted

Eg The  mid-Wales town called Dolgelley from NPE and Dolgellau in Real Life

I'm not sure what caused this disconnect from reality - I suspect some Anglo-centricity in the mid-century Ordnance Survey...

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
http://WWW.ITN.CO.UK
P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?