[OSM-talk] GPS receiver orientation

Fabrizio Giudici fabrizio.giudici at tidalwave.it
Sat Jul 26 13:33:27 BST 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 13:37 , Franc Carter wrote:

> My entirely annecdotal experience has been that my TomTom 910 takes
> longer to get a fix when I am moving than stationary. I have an
> external aerial, so the movement should be the main determinent

The same for me with my Hamlet GPS receiver. I've seen that if I'm
moving it could be unable to get a fix indefinitely (tested up to 30
minutes), while stopping and turning it off and then on usually works
less than a couple of minutes.

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."