[OSM-talk] Actually using OpenStreetMap - how to get vector data

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 28 20:26:30 BST 2008

Hi,

> - some countries are not covered (mine, for example) by some extracts

Oopsie. I just downloaded the shapes of European countries from the DCW
site and it seems Slovenia was not among them. It should be on the
geofabrik excerpts tomorrow.

> Basically what I'm trying to say is that this is not a systematic
> approach. It would be more useful if these extracts were not
> country-based but tile-based instead (maybe this already exists, forgive
> my ignorance?)

Oliver White (almien) has a tile-based data server but as far as I know
he's still looking for someone to host it and update it regularly.

Bye
Frederik