[OSM-talk] Sub-national and regional mailing lists

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:19:28 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:

> Yes, but the horizontal axis in your diagrams is not proportional
> to the size of the country, but to the country's rank by size.
> If I insert a new country in the middle of the scale, the rank
> jumps by one for half of the countries, but their sizes don't
> change.

I have made a file with:
Country name
Area (from Wikipedia)
Population (from Wikipedia)
Number of lines in the OSM file for the country
Number of nodes in the OSM file for the country

In Iceland there are under 2,5 inhabitants per node, but 64 inhabitants per
node in Poland. On the other hand, there are 1.25 nodes per sq km Iceland,
with 86 in the Netherlands.

Regards,

Gustav