[OSM-talk] [tagging] Approved: path, designated. Rejected: *way deprecation

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Mon Jun 2 21:10:20 BST 2008

Alex Mauer schrieb:

> The access restrictions on the road ("no bicycles if there is an
> accompanying cycle route") don't affect the access on the cycle route
> itself.  Obviously legality of use by other modes of transportation will
> vary by jurisdiction (In some places cycleway implies "moped=yes", while
> in others it implies "moped=no").  But I think it's fair to say that in
> all jurisdictions, highway=cycleway will imply bicycle=designated.

Probably.  And what's the equivalent if you want to use the path
notation?  I can think about different possibilities.  Here, using
the path would be mandatory for cyclists:

highway=path
cycleway=yes

or here, it is physically possible, but not mandatory:

highway=path
bicycle=yes

For clarity, I'd propose to add the traffic (road) sign, where
available.

--
Karl Eichwalder