[OSM-talk] Keyboard navigation defunct on informationfreeway

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:27:49 BST 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM, spaetz <osm at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:34:48PM +0100, 80n wrote:
> > But wait, as Deelkar says, tile 33 22 6 appears to be correct (apart from
> > the caption proximity settings appearing to be wrong).  This was rendered
> by
> > you apparently:
> >
> > *Single tile upload by user 214 (spaetz) with client 22 (Quickborn)
> recorded
> > on 2008-06-02 05:47:24*
> >
> > Perhaps the bug is fixed in Quickborn?
>
> Interesting. This was rendered using the current client, with or/p as
> renderer. The only change that I had made to it is some changes to the
> stylesheet (attempt to render country names and city names differently).

Ah, or/p would explain it.  Frederick has probably implemented a better
(um.. proper) projection algorithm.  I also know that he didn't implement
the de-cluttering algorithm which would explain why I though the proximity
settings were all wrong.

So now the dilemma is can have uncluttered names in the wrong place (using
Osmarender) or cluttered names in the right place (using or/p).

80n