[OSM-talk] Mapnik Tilecache Memory Error (Myanmar Cyclone Relief)

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Jun 9 09:48:01 BST 2008

Tom Hughes wrote:
> I may be being dense here, but this is openstreetmap-talk (not
> even dev) not tilecache-talk... Is there not somewhere better you
> should be going to with this where there will be experts in tilecache
> that can help you?

I've sent an email to the tilecache mailing list, just thought there
might be some folks around here familiar with this stuff.  As for
osm-dev versus osm-talk, I wasn't sure which was appropriate in this
case ...

> Well the obvious answer is that something in your apache configuration
> is limiting the amount of memory that the daemons can use.

Sounds reasonable, I'm not too familiar with the innards of apache.
It's a default fedora 8 install, I'll poke around and see what I can find.
> Unless of course you really are managing to exhaust your physical
> memory and swap - how big do your apache processes get?
The machine has 2GB of RAM and isn't overly stressed.  The processes are all using around 115MB virtual memory, 24MB resident memory and 13MB shared memory.