[OSM-talk] Don't you just hate it when part 2...

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 10:21:47 BST 2008

>The way I look at it, is that you will often find that if two people
>survey an area, they will both think different things are more
>important, or one will miss something. You can also use it as a way to
>check what is already there, as there may be something missing or wrong.

Yes, that was a more successful outcome of yesterday. The other guy had
tagged the whole bridleway as bridleway, but I re-tagged some of it as
track/foot=yes/horse=yes to reflect the physical surface. Also about half
the bridleway was left undone. Also there was a footpath in the same area
which was actually a bridleway (I suspected this and verified it) and
another path nearby which formed a rather nice circle round the side of a
hill, but was in OSM as a straight line.

I thought when I passed the GPS guy "is he doing OSM?" and thought about
starting a conversation but didn't. Oh well....

Nick