[OSM-talk] [tagging] noname streets

Vincent Zweije vincent at zweije.nl.eu.org
Tue Jun 10 16:14:41 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 11:04:55AM -0500, Alex Mauer wrote:

||  SteveC wrote:
||  > I'd like to define some roads that really don't have a name so that
||  > they drop off the noname map.
||  >
||  > 	http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/no-names/
||  >
||  > I've been adding noname:yes but I can see that might not be optimal.
||  > Maybe name:__none__. Or something.
||  Sounds overcomplicated to me.  If you know something to be correct, just
||  ignore the warnings.

You can only do this in very rare circumstances, otherwise the
errors-to-be-ignored drown out the errors you need to see and fix. An
unnamed street is not such a rare circumstance, IMO.

Ciao.                                                        Vincent.
--
Vincent Zweije <zweije at xs4all.nl>    | "If you're flamed in a group you
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/>      | don't read, does anybody get burnt?"