[OSM-talk] KML tiles

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Jun 11 14:03:33 BST 2008

El Miércoles, 11 de Junio de 2008, Robert Vollmert escribió:
> Hello,
>
> the attached KML file links to a very rough proof-of-concept set of
> KML tiles of OSM road data. There's several issues remaining (more on
> that below). What do people think? Is this worth doing on a larger
> scale? Is it evil?

I do think it beats the cr*p out of osmgooglearth - the dynamic loading of KML
data is quite the expected behaviour when working with GEarth.

I'd be a good idea to continue development on this; showing off OSM data this
way could be pretty nice.

Cheers,
--

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.9, and PHP
5.2.6-1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 14:53:46 up 2 days, 22:41,  2 users,  load average: 0.83, 1.08, 0.83