[OSM-talk] Mapnik & large rievrs

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:58:18 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:30 PM, David Groom <reviews at pacific-rim.net> wrote:
> Areas tagged with the tag waterway = rivebank
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank   do not
> seem to be rendering in Mapnik.

For rendering solid-fill polygons, I would think that'll be fairly
straightforward; but unfortunately I'm not volunteering a patch right
now.

The more complex case, which I'm surprised hasn't been discussed at
any point in this feature's development, is how I render a river with
a polygon fill and a polyline riverbank (e.g. a dark blue line down
each riverbank). As far as I see it osm2pgsql will have to do some
complex pre-processing to make sure that the sections of riverbank
which span the river (i.e. aren't actually river banks) don't get
rendered when rendering an outline of the river.

Cheers,
Andy