[OSM-talk] [OT] OSM based photo catalogue

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Wed Jun 11 22:13:14 BST 2008

Hi Karl,

Am Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2008 schrieb Karl Newman:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > this post is somewhat offtopic but people here could know:
> >
> > Is there a project with builds a picasaweb like integration of photos
> > with GPS
> > location information and the OpenStreetMap data?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Rainer
>
> I'm the current maintainer of the Google Maps module for Gallery 2 [1]. It
> can parse location information from the EXIF header of photos. I know it
> doesn't help you now, but a future goal of mine is to refactor the code to
> allow it to use an OpenLayers setup as an alternative to Google Maps.

That is really good news. Motivation enough for me to get my photo collection
migrated from cthumb to gallery (though there are other reasons too). Thanks
for all the replies and I hope to see eventually OSM integration in
gallery :-)

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/