[OSM-talk] OpenStreetBugs

X X at NAINWAK.COM
Mon Jun 16 12:59:53 BST 2008

Thanks for your suggestions :-)

> Was it possible to add a name tag, especially to the gpx download
> file?

For the moment, the entire text is put in :
- "name"
- "comment"
- "description"
I think it could raise some issues with very long text (especially in
"name")... I hope a majority of devices will truncate the name.
So, the first words you put to describe a bug are important ;-)

> - Deleting doesn't seem to work properly

> - When adding a bug, it disappears when I hit OK.

> - etc.

A majority of issues is "just" a problem of consistency between your
view and the data-base (some bugs that aren't easy to correct and that
are not so unbearable). In most case, the data-base is ok, but not your
view. Refreshing the page, or moving the map a little can fix the
problems of consistency.

And :
- The marks are not drawn on the higher zoom (bug)
- The marks are not downloaded if the zoom is too low (but you can see
the marks that have already been downloaded)

> where is the list of bugs maintained and can it be automatic split
> down into regions? There nothing like a bit of competition to get
> local teams motivated

Good idea :-)

> an RSS feed

indispensable.

> Have you seen http://www.duif.net/osmfoutje/ as well?

Aw... No.
Is it just a tool for Netherlands ?

> would it be a good idea to be able to "open" new bugs by adding a tag
> to a node in the map ? I mean we have a lot of FIXMEs and "note" why
> not a tag names "bug" ?

Importing FIXMEs would be a great feature (but with a lot of consistency
problems).
I don't think it's a good idea to mix OSM data and OSB data in any way
(adding a "bug" tag for example). IMHO, OSM data has to stay clean...
but not OSB ;-)

Xav