[OSM-talk] Bad coastline

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 11:30:59 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Matthias Urlichs <matthias at urlichs.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:34:52 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Matthias Urlichs <matthias at urlichs.de>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've just noticed that the island of Gran Canaria (N28.0, W15.5)
>>> doesn't seem to have a coast line in the Mapnik maps, the island is
>>> under water, just like Atlantis. :-P  (Osmarender shows it correctly.)
>>>
>>> What gives? The coastline error checker doesn't see it either.
>>
>> If it isn't in the database, perhaps you can upload it?
>>
> Umm, why shouldn't it be in the database?
> I assume it's been there for some time...
>
> It's certainly conceivable that it's a sync problem, but not particularly
> likely: I assume that the window between deleting an old version of a
> polygon and uploading the new version is not _that_ large.

I suspect it's been broken a while.
t at h won't have necessarily rerendered it.
The current way dates from the 20th. The only way I could find with
Potlatch's undelete was deleted about a month ago.

And somebody should probably split that way because it's only a matter
of time before it gets screwed completely with over 4000 nodes in it.