[OSM-talk] Create extra Planet files for syncing (was: Bad coastline)

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 24 00:21:01 BST 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 15:33:17 80n wrote:
> Osmaxpi uses the minute diffs which have proven to be very reliable.
>
> Occasionally, I'll run a resync against the whole planet file just to make
> sure that everything is tickety-boo, but I haven't needed to do that for a
> long time.
>
> 80n

That's a dangerous thing to say ;-)

Way 7063119 was deleted on "2008-06-13T21:32:19+01:00", but is still present
in Osmxapi. The connecting way (7063072) is one node longer in Osmxapi than
in the main database. (The total road length of these is 20m, so this is
hardly noticeable on a rendered map.)

Last weekend (while/after the main database was down) I found more (and
bigger) differences in that area, but they are gone now, since I've been
editing there and the new edits got through to Osmxapi.

See:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=52.11660352695513&lon=5.05632109430935&zoom=16
http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.5/*[bbox=5.054594970325118,52.115583359337684,5.05808340624176,52.117632321275885
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/way/7063119/history