[OSM-talk] [tagging] Graves?

Matthias Urlichs matthias at urlichs.de
Tue Jun 24 17:07:13 BST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:18:56 +0100, Lester Caine wrote:

> Given the vast volume of data available on genealogical sites relating
> to graveyards and their 'occupants' mapping there position is not a
> particularly silly idea, but I think that it may be taking things a
> little too far?

Heh. I'm not talking about the Smith family, and I agree that this would
take things a little bit too far.

My use case is "there's an obscure sign at the entrance of the cemetery
which points to <insert historic person>'s tombstone. Have fun searching
the whole 20x200 array of graves for him/her. See you tomorrow." and
related cases, where attraction=tourism is justified.

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
I had resources so I was able to get help.  ....To all you 'born
again' Christians out there, I recommend some lithium; it helps.
		-- Larry Flynt on his conversion experience,
		   on the Larry King Show