[OSM-talk] SOTM weekend accommodation?

Dair Grant dair at refnum.com
Tue Jun 24 17:39:30 BST 2008

Simon Hewison wrote:

>> I think Ryan Air's policy requires you to have a passport.
>
> Actually, not quite.
> from http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php?pos=MYFLIGHT

I would recommend taking a passport with you if you're tempted to go with
Ryanair.

Two years ago my sister-in-law was refused entry to an internal Ryanair
flight from London to Glasgow because she brought her (photo) driving
licence rather than a passport. The reason given, and I can quote it exactly
because it was so ridiculous, was that "they might not let you fly back from
Scotland without a passport".

This meant she was unable to attend a family funeral, so despite having a
direct Rynair flight from Edinburgh to Limerick I'm more than happy to fly
to Dublin with Aer Lingus and take a train if it means I can avoid having
anything whatsoever to do with Rynair... :-)

-dair