[OSM-talk] Relation/Routes and Hikes in open Country

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:28:48 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Nick Whitelegg
<Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> I guess this comes down as to whether things like walking routes should be
> stored in OSM itself or put in a different project. I guess we don't want
> to overload OSM with walking routes; however Freemap does aim to overlay
> walking routes on top of the OSM base map.

I'd define it slightly differently - its do we want *subjective*
routes in OSM? I don't think anyone is arguing that notable
*objective* routes, like the Pennine Way in the UK or the Appalachian
Way in the US can certainly be included as a route.

Cheers,
Andy