[OSM-talk] Relation/Routes and Hikes in open Country

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Jun 25 17:04:42 BST 2008

> Something I keep toying with is the idea of facilitating mashups (did
> I really just say that?) by giving masher-uppers a way to tie their
> routes to OSM IDs.

I may have a mis-understand of OpenLayers, but is it possible to achieve
this with overlays and minimal infrastructure (from the personal point of
view).

If there was 'pre-render' facility which would spit out a '.zip' of a
directory tree of overlay tiles, is it possible to place this on a
webserver and point a OpenLayers map at it.

The overlay would only need cover the minimal area required (ie. just the
specific route) at all possible zoom levels.

Cheers,
Mungewell.