[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (PSV_directions)

Charlie Echo openstreetmap at coutiere.com
Thu Jun 26 12:21:37 BST 2008

Hello,

When mapping, I noticed numerous one-way streets for cars have a specific lane in the opposite direction for buses. The only "official" way to enter this in OSM is to create two one-way ways, one for everyone and the other restricted to buses.
So I proposed adding a PSV_direction tag (which may be merged with the psv tag, which has some unuseful values).

The tag would be: psv_direction
The value would be :
  - both
  - direct_only  (which is the direction of the Way, and may be valid even if cars are authorized in both directions, but busses only in one direction)
  - opposite_only
  - no  (if buses are forbidden in both directions)

I'm expecting your Comments with pleasure!
Best,
Charlie Echo