[OSM-talk] Turn restrictions again

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 14:55:44 BST 2008

Ways NS and EW cross at X. Tell me how to encode all these combinations :
1. I travel North in NS and turn left at X
2. I travel North in NS and turn right at X
3. I travel North in NS straight through X
4. I travel North in NS and make a U-turn at X
Now replace 'North' with 'South' and you have 8
Replace North and South with East and West and NS with EW and you have 16.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Thomas Wood <grand.edgemaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>   "Relation:restriction does not allow mappers to unambiguously

'From' is either NS or EW, 'To' is either NS or EW and 'via' is always
X. That's 4 combinations. Even if you specify 'no_right_turn /
no_left_turn' when 'from' is not 'to' and you specify 'no_uturn' and
'no_straight_on' when 'from' = 'to' you've only got 8.