[OSM-talk] Map_Features not loading

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:48:06 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Pieren Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > FULL ACK - the current page is a PITA!
> >
> +1
> I restored the single page.
> > P.S: If the templates are the problem, remove them. It's a lot more
> > important to have a usable map features page than to have an easy way
> > for translations ...
> Agreed, but again, the problem is not the templates but PHP on the server
> has a limited memory and this page takes about 900Kb size of text and
> pictures (with or without templates). (the error is a "not possible to
> allocate enough memory" in parser.php)
>  So, either the memory allocated for PHP is increased or the page is split
> or its content is reduced.
>
> regards, Pieren

In this case, pictures will have no effect (other than the extra
wiki/html markup)

This page on enwiki goes into great depth about the template parsing
methods and limits, so may be helpful to finding a solution to our map
features problem:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Template_limits&oldid=174802700

--
Regards,