[OSM-talk] New Potlatch

Thu May 1 23:57:33 BST 2008

simon at mungewell.org wrote:

>> - When you add a point into a way where it crosses another way,
>> Potlatch automatically makes an intersection.
>
> Is this 'feature' able to be turned off? Otherwise I would consider
> it a
> bug as it means that you can't do bridges over other ways.

It's only when you shift-click (to insert a point) on a way directly
over another way. In other words, if you have

-----------

then shift-clicking the 'crossing' will create a junction. That's the
only difference.

Previously, you'd have to go through all sorts of shenanigans with
splitting the way etc.

It certainly doesn't automatically make a junction when you're
drawing, so you can create bridges exactly the same way as you would
previously. Typically, for a bridge, you wouldn't have nodes at the
same place anyway - you'd usually have one at the start and one at
the end of the bridge. Assuming a straight bridge, that is!

cheers
Richard