[OSM-talk] Users whose contributions are in the public domain

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:01:54 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  >    While I have the PD-user template on my user page and would encourage
>  >    like-minded folks to do the same, I feel it is mostly a political
>  >    statement  than of real practical benefit.
>
>  +1
>
>  Some time in the far future I will create a "clean" mirror of OSM that
>  contains only data never touched by people who don't do PD.

And where all the data entered by the PD guys was done without looking
at the non-PD stuff as a reference? Like a "PD" pub which was
positioned at the corner of two CC-BY-SA streets, whose coordinates,
therefore is (arguably) non-PD? Or "PD" rivers that went down the
middle of a CC-BY-SA cycle-map-contours-background-in-potlatch valley?

Good luck with that :-P

Cheers,
Andy