[OSM-talk] WTF ! (about gps traces)

Sven Grüner sven at schunterscouts.de
Sat May 3 16:58:47 BST 2008

Karl Newman schrieb:
> Or maybe the tracks need a moderation/voting system. If the tracks are voted
> down below a certain threshold, they won't be downloaded? Would need some
> careful thought to prevent malicious voting down of good tracks, though.
> Even if the editors had a way to hide certain tracks, that would be helpful.
> I've seen a few low-quality tracks in my area that I would like to make go
> away.

The user could (optionally) specify this threshold when requesting data.
This way one could avoid bad tracks when enough good ones available and
fall back on the bad ones when there's no alternative.

Alternatively a request would still return all Tracks but each track is
returned along with it's quality level so that the editors can blank out
  certain levels on demand.

I believe that somewhere in the distant future when data maintenance
becomes more important than data creation the track handling will
improve dramatically.

regards, Sven