[OSM-talk] WTF ! (about gps traces)

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Sun May 4 03:00:19 BST 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Jeffrey Martin <dogshed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have few track where on part is good and another part is bad. I should
> probably
> edit those tracks and cut out the bad part, but I haven't found an easy
> way to do that.

You might check out Viking (http://sourceforge.net/projects/viking/). I just
discovered it, and it seems to be quite full featured. It's a GPS data
management utility, written in GTK. It has support for a bunch of different
background map tiles, including OSM from Mapnik, Osmarender and Maplint. I
can get it to run on Windows and display a GPX track, but attempting to
download any map tiles (from any source) causes it to crash. I presume it
works better under Linux, but I haven't tried it yet.

Karl