[OSM-talk] [tagging] Road crossings proposal - status?

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue May 6 23:24:58 BST 2008

Dave Stubbs wrote:
> Some more stats for you on the end of the mail.

looking at your stats, I count the same 478 tags following Andy's
original mailing list post consisting exclusively of the animal-based
system. (+refuge, but that was apparently never used at all.)

And I count 157 following the "road crossings" proposal.

To say that Andy's mailing list method is in such widespread use that to
change it is an unreasonable move is disingenuous at best.

And to then vote against the proposal giving that as the reason, while
at the same time rewriting the original mailing list idea as if it were
"current use", and such that it fits exactly with the documented
proposal, is an insult to the effort put in by those working on it.

That said, I have no problem with the currently-documented page at
[[Key:crossing]] since it's basically the same as the proposal.  I just
have a problem with the way it was created.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"