[OSM-talk] tagging suitability for use by race bikes to roads

gr_osm at gmx.de gr_osm at gmx.de
Wed May 7 19:16:43 BST 2008

Hello,

I would like to use osm to tag the appropriateness for use by road racing bicycles to roads. I have searched the mailing list and the wiki, but found no suitable commonly accepted tag.

Riding on a road by a racing bike is not just a matter of surface quality but also a matter of traffic density and maybe other factors. Because of that, I believe a new tag like "racebiking"="excellent","good","poor" or "avoid" would be a good way to express this property of the road.

What do you think?

Regards
  Gerriet