[OSM-talk] OSM XAPI - help!

elvin ibbotson elvin.ibbotson at poco.org.uk
Thu May 8 14:15:44 BST 2008

> From: Steven te Brinke <s.tebrinke at student.utwente.nl>
> Date: 8 May 2008 11:31:43 BDT
> To: elvin ibbotson <elvin.ibbotson at poco.org.uk>
> Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] OSM XAPI - help!
>

> Delivering data as an attachment is just adding one header to tell
> the browser that it should present it as an attachment to the user.
> Thus the content is the same as if it wasn't an attachment. The php
> function file() works fine, as should any other function.

This doesn't seem to be what's happening here. There is a header
indicating the data is included in an attachment:
The html file itself does not include the OSM data, just some stuff
about the parameters of the call, copyright, etc.
If I call the xapi script using a browser it downloads the data.osm
file but if it is called from my own PHP script (on my server) I just
get the html file and not the data file.

elvin