[OSM-talk] Tagging of jogging tracks

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Fri May 9 06:38:49 BST 2008

Alex Mauer schrieb:

> Of course.  Obviously not all designated cycle routes are primarily
> designed for bicycles.  My point was that poor physical condition of the
> surface of the route (possibly intentional in the case of a mountain
> biking route) cannot take away its designation as a route for bicycles.

Thanks good to hear, but different what you proposed in the beginning.
In the beginning you proposed to tag those highway=cycleway, where
obviously "highway=footway bicycle=yes" or "highway=track" would be
more appropriate.

Then put all these way into a cycle route relation and you are done.
The results will be nicely visible on Andy's cyclemap.

--
Karl Eichwalder