[OSM-talk] Picher and Senica

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun May 11 11:35:46 BST 2008

I have given Picher, Oklahoma and Senica a minor cleanup following their
hitting the headlines.

I have sorted some of the geometry, updated some highway tags and corrected
some obvious errors in the rail network. I have also converted railway=spur
to railway=rail so that the lines as least render and meet current tagging
rules. Should the country road grid in an area like this be tertiary or
secondary I wonder (I haven't touched it so far)?

I have requested a re-render by Osmarender of both areas.  If anyone wants
to find it Picher is 'village 13km north east of Miami'

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=36.987
<http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=36.987&lon=-94.8308&zoom=13&layers=B0FT>
&lon=-94.8308&zoom=13&layers=B0FT

Should we patrol the news and make sure that places that hit the news are up
to a good standard?

Regards,

Peter