[OSM-talk] Potlatch update and tiger cleanup tools

Sun May 11 12:19:16 BST 2008

Peter Miller wrote:
> The new feature in 0.9 that I don’t think is quite right is the
> ability to easily drag a way. In my experience it will be done in
> error 99 times out of 100. If that mistake is done by someone who
> doesn’t notice or who don’t know about undo then the data is
> damaged. Last night I moved the section of the UK coastline instead
> of adjusting a single node. Can this function be made harder to
> access by mistake please?

Thanks for some really great ideas - will take a look at them
properly in the next few days.

0.9a (hopefully some time later today, or tomorrow) has a little
refinement to make it more difficult to drag ways by accident:
instead of clicking and dragging, you have to click, hold for a very
short period of time, and then drag. In my experience this makes it
much less accident-prone - if you're intending to drag the way,
you'll probably be holding anyway. I'll post to the list when it's
ready.

cheers
Richard