[OSM-talk] Unknown road classifications

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon May 12 10:57:19 BST 2008

On 12/05/2008 09:45, Andy Allan wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Jeffrey Martin <dogshed at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Did we ever decide what to do when a road continues but
>>  we didn't continue down the road?
>
> I can't speak for the other 33,000 contributors, but I (and a few
> others I know of) simply use isolated nodes as a kind of ellipsis.

> It's quick and fairly obvious to the next mapper, but not exactly bulletproof.

One of the first things I proposed when I joined OSM nearly two years
ago was this:

   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Towards

but I never pursued it. Perhaps I should resurrect it again now so that
there is a built-in way of doing what Andy suggests.

Indeed, all that needs to happen to make this work is for the renderers
to implement it.

David