[OSM-talk] Unknown road classifications

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon May 12 11:15:55 BST 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008, 80n wrote:

>> Ah, ok - does this get rendered?  (It isn't on Map_Features - maybe it
>> should be).
>
> No.  But you are welcome to add it to any of the rendering engines.

Ok, I'll look into doing so.  What is the procedure for adding this sort
of thing?  Just post a patch on the dev list?

> It would be particularly useful if Yahoo tracers were to use highway=road as
> I'm sure they can rarely tell what kind of road it is from 30,000ft.

That's exactly what I thought.  Also people who are just driving around
with a GPS without paying particular attention to the information they are
collecting (I am guilty of this since I think it is better to collect
_something_ when you're driving on unmapped roads, even if you aren't in a
position to collect all the information you would usually need from a full
survey).

  - Steve