[OSM-talk] tagging and rendering

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Mon May 12 13:39:06 BST 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 11:50:15 elvin ibbotson wrote:
> If, for
> example, the feature types were structured using a numerical system
> such that  so that all natural features began with 0, all highways
> with 1, etc, but everything needed at scales smaller than 5 ended
> with numbers smaller than 3 (eg. coastlines: 01; trunk roads: 12) I
> could make a simple call for features less than *3.

Like already pointed out before:

This only works if your idea of important is the same as the idea of important
of the ones that did the initial ordering. However for a motorist a motorway
is the most important road, for a cyclist a cycleway is the most important
road and for a canal boater roads are not important at all.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus