[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Developers requested to help provide "completeness" tools

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Mon May 12 20:28:55 BST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 07:06:20PM +0200, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Yes, but it would be good if we planned for at least some of the subsequent
> levels right from the start.

I support this idea - I would call them levels as some areas might work
completely different. I would call the different completenesses like

roadcomplete
cyclewaycomplete
roadnamecomplete
landusecomplete

etc ... I have no idea about the granularity but in the end it comes
down to a map never containing ALL interesting data but it would be
interesting to note which subset it contains or is complete.

The completeness is more or less a feeling of the primary mapper of
this specific area so it should be taken with a grain of salt i guess.

But this information would be interesting for a map bug tracker which
could assign higher prioritys to bugs in "complete" areas or even refuse
to accept bugs in incomplete areas.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little