[OSM-talk] Limitations of renderers

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Mon May 12 23:20:35 BST 2008

So it might be useful to have a renderer that does everything on
request instead of storing large amounts of pregenerated tile images?
(i.e. so that the server requirements are no longer proportional to
the number of map styles that it serves)

If that could be made to work, then everyone could create a load of
map layers containing their preferred features - just upload a
stylesheet and immediately browse the results on this slippy map...