[OSM-talk] Converting Polish/.MP to OSM?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Wed May 14 04:53:19 BST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM, <simon at mungewell.org> wrote:

> > Hey, I haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but I just opened up
> the
> > input file in a text editor and saw:
> > Copyright=THIS MAP CANNOT BE SOLD
> > I think this is incompatible with our license (commercial use is okay).
> Is
> > the author/maintainer that gave you permission aware of this?
>
> I did make it clear that the OSM stuff is CC-SA which allows commerical
> reproduction, he was happy enough to give permission.
>
> Full email exchange is here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Catmp
>
> Simon

Cool, glad you checked that. I assume the maintainer you're working with
goes by the user name Ibycus on the Groundspeak forums (I try to do my part
to promote OSM there). Or maybe it's Red90? Anyway, I hope I can get my
OSM-to-Routable Garmin map converter going soon so we can get these guys to
put their efforts into OSM instead! (Geocachers are crazy about free maps.)
I'll try to take a look at your file to see if anything else can be added to
round it out.

Karl