[OSM-talk] GPSBabel 1.3.5

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu May 15 00:22:20 BST 2008

In message <482B64A3.1010807 at bandnet.org>
          Tom Higgy <higgy-lists at bandnet.org> wrote:

> OK, my BGT-31 arrived today so did some testing of it after work (which
> got cut short by a drawing pin in the front wheel).
>
> Unfortunately for me, although I'd put the SD card in I'd forgotten to
> turn on logging so have only the internal log at 10 seconds.
>
> Eventually got gpsbabel 1.3.5 installed on Ubuntu (.rpm to .deb via
> alien) to try it out.
>
> I dumped 2 files to SD card - a .BIN and a .SBP file but no idea what
> either of them are. I tried converting these (using navilink as input
> format) and got a 339 byte GPX file for each. Identical result for doing
> via USB cable connection.

After some discussion with Tom on IRC it turned out that he hadn't
specified the -t switch to gpsbabel so it was operating in waypoint
mode (the default) and as he didn't have any waypoints he was getting
an empty GPX file.

With -t it worked both over USB and reading the file from the SD card.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/